Popular Posts

Friday, February 4, 2011

Jack of All Trades Master of None...EXCEPT




Jack of All Trades Master of None...EXCEPT


Chocolate!  Middle Class Martha is a Chocolatier.   So it is safe to say, Chocolate is my thing.   I Love everything about Chocolate from its silky finish to the savory dishes you can create.    I LOVE developing my own signature recipes and creating chocolate masterpieces from my own Pumpkin Spice Truffles, Key lime tarts, Dark chocolate raspberry cake with milk chocolate ganache, white chocolate peppermint ganache soaked petit fours to homemade toffee, caramel and marshmallow accents.   My dream is to open a "Tres Sucre Chocolatiere" Chocolate Cafe.   I have been working on my business plan, however, chocolate making comes easy for me but the business behind it seems difficult?   So for now, I will blog and make my friends call me Martha :)

My friends joke that when they turn the corner to enter my street, they begin salivating at the thought of all of that chocolate.  I keep an entire stocked cabinet above my pantry full of CHOCOLATE!
Everyone knows when you drop by my house it is your duty to help eat all of the chocolate mess-ups that have air bubbles or have broken during the molding process.  A duty Middle-Class Martha’s friends take VERY SERIOUSLY!   Shhh! I also keep a separate cabinet for my more expensive imported chocolates, only a few have the precise location of those speciality bars from all over the world.    It is all in the name of research 

I am constantly developing, learning and acquiring.  This of course brings me to my latest experiment.   Running about town doing At-Home-Mom chores like returning books to the library, picking up dry cleaning and going to the grocery store is a weekly grind for me.   I am not one of those women, whom run about town with my friends or shop every day.   I wish I were but instead spend most of my time trying to vacuum floors, do laundry, dishes and make dinner for my family.  I did happen to have a coffee break with a friend of mine a few weeks ago that I have been “promising” to catch up with for over a year now.  The time to pay the piper had come.   We met at Starbucks.  I rarely spend the time or the Money to do things like that, mostly because I don’t drink coffee.   Bygones.   I ordered a salted caramel hot chocolate and vanilla bean scones.  OMG!  I was in LOVE!   

A week later, my husband and I took a trip to NYC.  My 1st trip actually.   Most women have their priorities set differently than mine.   My first was to visit Jacque Torres Chocolate shop in Upper Manhattan.  Followed closely by visiting a Broadway show….”Jersey Boys” to be exact and to the Coach store then finally the famous Tiffany’s along with the regular tourist things.    My 1st priority paid off with a nice Wicked Hot Chocolate, a box of chocolates and a bag pecan brittle.   I was SMITTEN!

A few days after returning I was exploring hot chocolate on a stick pictures and blogs and decided to make my own.  Middle-Class Martha doesn’t do anything “Middle of the road.”   Being a professional chocolatier, I am always a little surprised when I see a photo proudly displayed with air bubbles or not properly tempered (ashy looking).  

I am on the steering committee for our local MOPS group (Mothers Of Preschoolers).  The craft committee chair person to be exact.   I thought what better Valentines craft than “Hot Chocolate on a Spoon.”   BEAUTIFUL idea!   Now, how do I execute something like that for 30 – 40 women?   Hmm?

1 comment: